Private

If you'd like to see when I update my blog, add www.thefullerlifeupdates.blogspot.com under your public blog list.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day


It turned out to be a great Valentine's Day. Casey and I wrote valentines to Dylan and Carleigh and gave them the movie "Peter Pan." They loved it. Dylan loves the Pirates and Carleigh loves Tinkerbell. A good mix! That night Casey came home and made all of us a candle-light dinner! He made potatoes, pork sirloin, corn and rolls. Yummy! He even gave me a VERY thoughtful card and my favorite bag of candy. Very sweet. Casey and I were planning on going on a "little get-a-way" overnight at a hotel, but we had to cancel because of recent circumstances. I was looking forward to it so much!

On that note....we will be moving back to Utah in a few weeks. I spoke in church last Sunday and truly believe that Bro. Heywood was inspired to have me speak that day. I don't think I would be feeling as positive about our situation (Casey losing his job) if it hadn't been for me preparing my talk the week before and being able to see how blessed I am and how Heavenly Father is watching over me.

I have very mixed emotions about moving. I will actually miss living in Arizona. I have met the most wonderful people and made some awesome friends. My kids will sure miss their little friends as well. I will miss the winters and the palm trees and the beautiful sunsets. I was beginning to feel quite comfortable and was getting used to the idea that I might be here for awhile. On the other hand...I will be back with my family again and with Casey's family. What would I do with out family!!! I am so excited to be back just in time to see my sister have her second baby! It will be the first time that I've been there for any of my brother or sister's babies. I love Utah. The mountains, the scenery, the change of seasons and of course FAMILY!

As silly as it might sound. I feel that this is an answer to my prayers. A few weeks ago I was trying to decide when the right time to move back to Utah would be. I felt I hadn't received an answer so was going to stay here until I felt differently or circumstances changed. Honestly, I don't think my answer could be any clearer. Heavenly Father must want us in Utah. I just never thought it would be so difficult to leave Arizona!

I will miss all you Arizonians! :o)

15 comments:

Katrina said...

We will sure miss you guys! But, I am sure you will be so happy to be living close to your family again. Too bad they couldn't all move here!:)

Bob and Debbie said...

You will definately be missed here. But living near family makes everything worth it. Thank goodness for blogs so we can keep up with you!

nancy said...

I'm happy for you guys! I know you have wanted to move back for awhile now. You will definitely be missed.

Janaca said...

We are so happy to have you and your family move back! I'm especially glad that you'll be here when our little guy comes. I'm sorry for all that's happened but I love how optimistic you and Casey are with what's happened. Things will work out! I'm sure you're going to miss Arizona a lot but I couldn't be happier that you're moving back home.

Kristin said...

I am sad you guys are leaving! We will miss you. It has been so fun getting to know you and your family. I am a little jealous about you going back to Utah... I hope we will make it back there one day, too. :)

Melissa said...

So sorry, I really do know it feels to live somewhere that you love and then have to leave so soon. Hopefully the adjustment will be fine. Good luck with everything!

Ev said...

Wow you are really having some sudden changes in your lives it sounds like but you have such a great attitude and you'll be blessed and watched over! It must be where you are to be but I'm sure you'll miss all the special people and country there you've come to love! I wish you the best with everything! Love, Ev

Lynn said...

We've been there too, it's what brought us to AZ 5 1/2 years ago. As long as you move forward with faith, thing always work out right. I really enjoyed serving in YW with you. I've also enjoyed your blog since our move.

Jillo said...

Good new for us! Bad new for AZ people. =(
I am sorry about Casey's job. This darn economy. It is scary business.
Good luck with the move and getting settled. Change is always tough. But your kids will get to enjoy a little bit of snow for the last part of winter.

Unknown said...

Shauna i was sorry to hear about casey... but i am sooo excited for you guys to be back with us again. I know that everything will work out for you guys. Heavenly Father does watch over us and he knows what we need in our life and i guess you guys need to be back here in utah. i will keep you guys in our prayers i love you so much!

Liz said...

Shauna you and your family will so be missed. I'm happy for you, you have really wanted this for a long time. I wish you guys the best of success in finding a new job for Casey and loving and enyoying family.
Please give me a call so I can watch your kids while you are packing things up, I really mean that.

Cassi said...

Jud and I were so sorry to hear about Casey and the rough cirucumstances but we were sooo happy to hear you're coming back! Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways. It's funny how some of the hardest trials can sometimes turn out to be the most wonderful blessings in disguise!

sweet savy girl designs said...

I am so sorry that casey lost his job but i guess that blessing come in disguise. i know that you have been wanting to go back to utah for a long time & being with family makes all the difference in trying times. i will sure miss you & your beautiful kids. you were the very first person that i did something with when i moved here! good luck & best wishes!
p.s. now you can think about that 3rd baby, since you will be in utah!!!

The Andersons said...

Incredibly jealous of your move. Especailly today...it's been a year exactly that we moved away from family & Utah. I guess you could say I'm still adjusting.:) Good luck with the move and your brand new adventure...things always seem to work out.

Denise said...

Welcome Home Shauna! (although I'm not in Utah at the moment, I will be back!) As always, I love reading your BLOG - cute, cute family.