Private

If you'd like to see when I update my blog, add www.thefullerlifeupdates.blogspot.com under your public blog list.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas and Utah

Christmas was so much fun this year. Dylan and Carleigh were so excited to see what Santa brought them. They ran out and saw that Santa had brought them their bikes. They just stood there staring at them, like they were afraid to touch them! It was raining a little that morning but when it stopped, Casey and I let the kids try them out. It was Dylan's first "real" bike. It only took him a few minutes to figure it out, but then he was on his way! Carleigh has never had a bike before, so she is still figuring it out. I think she did really well for her first time.

 
 

 
Besides their bikes, Dylan's favorite present was a ball he can bounce on. Carleigh's was a toy puppy named Lucky. Mine was a new camera, and Casey's was a train for under the Christmas tree. We relaxed and played with our presents until it was time to get ready to leave for Utah early the next morning. I think Dylan was more excited for Utah than Christmas this year. Every time I would tell him how many more days till Christmas he would say, "then go to Utah?"
 

 
We drove through Las Vegas to stay away from Flagstaff and the snow. I had never been to Vegas before. It was pretty neat, but I'm sure it's something I need to see at night with all the lights. Once in Utah we had a blast catching up with family and playing in the snow! Dylan and Carleigh really loved being outside. Even when it was in the 20's. We found a good hill to go sledding on. Casey watched the kids so I could spend a day with just my sisters and my mom to go shopping. Thanks honey! Wish I could do that more often, it was fun! My brother got "Rock Band" for Christmas...Casey spent a lot of time playing. I liked playing the drums when I got a chance!




















Midnight kiss!
 
New Year's Eve we spent with my mom, dad, brother, sister and brother-in-law and watched a movie and played "Buzz Word." We let everyone know that it was 2009 by lighting firecrackers and blowing in a seashell...it actually is quite loud! (It's kind of a tradition.) I still can't believe the holidays are over and it's 2009! Utah was fun thanks to all who spent time with me and the fam. I love and miss you.  I hope everyone had a great holiday and that your new year will be full of good fortune!

6 comments:

Tina ♥ said...

Looks like you had fun in Utah! The pictures are so cute. I like the one of you with your cool snowboard.

Kristen said...

Maybe that midnight kiss picture should have been posted on your Valentines Day post! JK Looks like everyone had fun and we're glad you are home safe!

Liz said...

Wow that is some sled you got there.

Janaca said...

It was SO good to have you guys here! Christmas wouldn't have been the same if you wouldn't have been around. I love and miss you guys so much and can't wait until I can see your family again.

nancy said...

Your holidays was pretty similar to ours! We went to Utah after christmas, did the sledding and rockband thing too! It was so much fun!

Katrina said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas!! The sledding looks like a blast! I also love your new header - very cute!